cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I view PDF bookmarks I created in Adobe within the Egnyte without downloading the file?

Tony Staley
Vigilante

Can I view PDF bookmarks I created in Adobe within the Egnyte without downloading the file?

I have some large PDFs I need to post with about 25 bookmarks for ease of navigation. I uploaded to Engyte but I am not able to access them.  I just have a tile view and I have to scroll through page by page to get to where I want to go.  If I on the Egnyte web client I can view bookmarks but only if I download the file and open with Adobe.  If I'm on a iPad using the Engyte app I cannot do this at all.  

Am I missing something obvious?  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager KathleenHunt
Community Manager

Re: Can I view PDF bookmarks I created in Adobe within the Egnyte without downloading the file?

Hello @Tony Staley,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to access bookmarks in PDF files from the Preview pane in the Web UI and would have to download the file to access them. If you have the Adobe Acrobat app installed, you may be able to access bookmarks from your mobile device, but this is outside the scope of Egnyte.

As a workaround, you could set up a Table of Contents at the beginning of the PDF, which will be accessible from the Preview pane in the Web UI and Egnyte App. 

Thank you,

Kathleen

0 Kudos