Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel pending uploads

Michael Klym
Resident

Cancel pending uploads

Jump to solution

The drive app on my mac tells me I have 216 pending uploads. Every time I start up the Drive my internet starts lagging. How can I find these files and stop them from uploading? I can't even see what they are or where they are synced/linked to go on the cloud. The last time I uploaded a lot of files was months ago. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Cancel pending uploads

Jump to solution

Michael,

There is a strong possibility that these are 0KB files or temp files which do not get uploaded via the Desktop App. As for the folder which contains these pending uploads, you can look them up at : - 

Windows : C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\EgnyteDrive\upload

MAC: Library=> Application Support => Egnyte Drive => Pending Uploads

Check if these are the same files which you had uploaded and did not go through or they are simply temp files like I mentioned above. It is safe to remove the temp files from this folder.

But if they are not temp files, then Click on the Egnyte icon from the menu bar. Click on Support > Contact Support and type in the issue in the comment box. Then click Send. Support should be able to assist. 

Thanks

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Michael,

There is a strong possibility that these are 0KB files or temp files which do not get uploaded via the Desktop App. As for the folder which contains these pending uploads, you can look them up at : - 

Windows : C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\EgnyteDrive\upload

MAC: Library=> Application Support => Egnyte Drive => Pending Uploads

Check if these are the same files which you had uploaded and did not go through or they are simply temp files like I mentioned above. It is safe to remove the temp files from this folder.

But if they are not temp files, then Click on the Egnyte icon from the menu bar. Click on Support > Contact Support and type in the issue in the comment box. Then click Send. Support should be able to assist. 

Thanks

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Katie Barnett
Resident

Jump to solution

Hi Sagar,

The pending uploads folder shows the entire Egnyte folder structure. How do we know where the files pending upload are without having to check inside every single folder and subfolder?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Katie,

Like I suggested in my last response, if the files are not temp files in there, then it is best for our support team to take a look at this. 

Click on the Egnyte icon from the menu bar. Click on Support > Contact Support and type in the issue in the comment box. Then click Send. Support should be able to assist. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
hboor
Deputy

Jump to solution

I'm using the Egnyte application for mac, and I started uploading a file to Egnyte that is no longer needed. But it's very large and is taking a long time to upload. Is there anyway to cancel the upload if I've already started it? I don't have an Egnyte Drive in my Application Support folder like you mentioned below.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @hboor,

The folder path and folder in the thread is the default location for the pending uploads folder. I had this path checked once again and it turns out to be the same. 

/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/Egnyte Drive

Can you send me a screenshot of the Application Support folder ? If you have Egnyte Drive (Desktop App) installed on your MAC, then the above path should be available on your machine.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
hboor
Deputy

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response! Here are the screenshots. I do have Egnyte Drive on my computer, but I don't see the application support folder to which you are referring. Let me know what solution you might have.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Thank you for the screenshots. I still find it strange that you do not see the default path where the Desktop App (Egnyte Drive) gets installed. Can you try the following : - 

Open Finder => Click Go menu at the top left and select Go to folder => In the dialog box enter the path I had provided. This should open the required folder. If you do, then you can clean the pending uploads folder.

If this too does not work, then I would suggest you file a support ticket at support@egnyte.com. That would be the best route to get this issue resolved.

Thanks.

0 Kudos