cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivation of User and Desktop Sync

Neil Blais
Vigilante

Deactivation of User and Desktop Sync

I cannot find information as to whether Deactivation of a user removes or deletes files they may have synched (using Desktop Sync) from their personal computers.  When I deactivate a user, I want to remove our files from their computer that thay have been syncing files to.  Does this happen?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Retired Employee Rahul
Retired Employee

Re: Deactivation of User and Desktop Sync

@Neil Blais 

When you deactivate the user the files are not deleted from his computer. You need to use the remote wipe option to delete the files present within the Desktop Sync folder. 

The device details tab also allows you to issue a remote wipe command for personal devices that are using our Mobile Apps or Desktop Sync.

When you issue this command, all Egnyte files stored locally on the device will be deleted the next time the app is opened on that device. This is a useful feature to use if you learn that an employee's device has been lost or stolen. You can monitor the status of a remote wipe command from the Device Management Logs section of this page. 

Please check the below-given article containing the same information.

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201637434-The-Devices-Dashboard-and-Device-Control-Sui...

Navigate to the Remote Wipe section.

Let me know if any further help is required from our end.

0 Kudos
Neil Blais
Vigilante

Re: Deactivation of User and Desktop Sync

Thank you very much.  I will review the white paper and most likely take advantage of the remote wipe function.  I appreciate the response!

0 Kudos