Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep-Link into Mobile App?

David Donahue1
Resident

Deep-Link into Mobile App?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to deep-link into the Egnyte mobile app? For example, suppose we have users on a mobile-friendly website which internally makes use of the Egnyte API. When presenting the user with information about a file, is there also a link we can construct which would take the user to the Egnyte mobile app to access the file directly? Overall we're looking to offer users the ability to preview, view, and potentially even edit files from within a mobile-friendly website. Any suggestions you may have for that would be very helpful. Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Deep-Link into Mobile App?

Jump to solution

Hi David,

I see you have also filed a support ticket for the same. I have asked my engineering team to see if this is possible. I will let you know once I get to hear from the engineering.

Regards

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi David,

I see you have also filed a support ticket for the same. I have asked my engineering team to see if this is possible. I will let you know once I get to hear from the engineering.

Regards

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
David Donahue1
Resident

Jump to solution

Well, the initial response to the support ticket was to just search here.  I think my team may have figured this out, simply by replacing https:// with egnyte:// in the URL scheme, the rest of which would be a normal Egnyte URL to a file.  Though if there's something more official than what we've discovered that would certainly be good too.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi David,

I have already replied to your support ticket. What your team figured out is correct. There are some examples provided in my response to your ticket too.

Regards

Sagar.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi David,

Please refer to the Mobile Development guide on our Developer Portal to learn how to set up deep linking into the Egnyte Mobile App: https://developers.egnyte.com/docs/read/Mobile_Development

Thanks.

Cara

0 Kudos