cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App is not un-mounting on shutdown

Highlighted

Desktop App is not un-mounting on shutdown

Jump to solution

When shutting down windows Egnyte Connect hangs on unmounting drives. I have to click Restart anyway to continue.

I have the latest version installed.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Desktop App is not un-mounting on shutdown

Jump to solution

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for writing to us. I would like you to check one thing on your machine. Are there any files open from within the Egnyte Desktop app when you see this prompt on shutdown ? 

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for writing to us. I would like you to check one thing on your machine. Are there any files open from within the Egnyte Desktop app when you see this prompt on shutdown ? 

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

No, all files are closed.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Alexander,

Thank you for the update. As far as I remember, this issue was fixed in the v2.0.3 of the Egnyte Drive (now Desktop App) for Windows. However, if even after upgrading to the latest version, if the issue persists, then I will have to check about this with the product team.

I will have a chat with them and write back. 

Thank you.

Sagar.

0 Kudos
Ken Alcock1
Resident

Jump to solution

Same Issue here hangs during shutdown, "un-mounting drives"

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Ken,

I have sent a note to the Product Team about this one. I will let you know once I hear back from them. 

Regards

Sagar

0 Kudos
Jason Martinez1
Vigilante

Jump to solution

I've been experiencing the same problem in my company and I just rolled this out to 13 branch offices.  I'm getting at least two complaints a day that their drive is missing.  We've added exceptions to Antivirus & Windows Firewall.  Some don't have this issue while others have it daily.  This is really disappointing.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

I have already written to the Product Team about this behavior. I am waiting for an update from them. Your domain details have already been passed on to them. 

I will write back once I have an update on this.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Any news?

0 Kudos
Jason Martinez1
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Alexander, no real "fix" was ever found for me either.  A technician did a remote session with me and all he did was reinstall the software.  Once he saw it was working he considered that resolved.  We know we can resolve it by restarting, reinstalling, or killing the services and restarting them.  The issue is, we shouldn't have to do that.

Alexander, the easiest thing I found to do is to write a batch file that ends the EgnyteDrive.exe service and then restarts the program.  This makes it easier for users than asking them to end the process manually and restart the program.  Basically the batch file looks like this...

taskkill /IM EgnyteDrive.exe /f

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Egnyte Connect\"
Start EgnyteDrive.exe

Put that into notepad.  Then rename the file to have the extension .bat instead of .txt.  For 32 bit users, you would just need to remove the (x86) part.  I know this isn't a fix, but hopefully it serves a decent workaround until this stuff works seamlessly. 

0 Kudos