Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Edit History Migration

Highlighted
MarkH1
Vigilante

Document Edit History Migration

Migrating documents from other document repositories to Egnyte. In this migration, I’d like to maintain all previous document edit history from old document repository for compliance reasons. What is the best way to achieve this goal in Egnte?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Retired Employee Nars_Support
Retired Employee

Re: Document Edit History Migration

Hi @MarkH1 

It may be best to contact our Support team directly at support@egnyte.com. From there, we'll be able to fully assess the nature of this particular data migration, and later provide an appropriate solution or recommendation.

We have existing migration tools, such as Cloud Migration Manager, but such application isn't capable of automatically migrating versions from other end points. Feel free to read more of our Data Migration options via the following link: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005039292-An-Admin-s-Guide-to-Choosing-a-Migration-...

Regards,
Nars

PS. Help others find answers by selecting [Accept as Solution] if a post answers your question.

0 Kudos
MarkH1
Vigilante

Thank you for responding.

I reviewed the link that was provided by Egnyte support and unfortunately, this proposed solution did NOT meet my business requirements regarding the full migration of document history from another document repository (SharePoint)

0 Kudos
MarkH1
Vigilante

We have found several ways to migrate documents to Egnyte: Web UI, Egnyte Connect desktop app, Egnyte FTP server, Cloud Migration Manager, Storage Synch, APIs.

Which of the above would be the best to use to migrate documents and retain all past document history?

Please advise.  Very possible we may be using the incorrect tool from the above list to achieve this goal.  The source system we are migrating from is SharePoint

Regards

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Nars_Support
Retired Employee

@MarkH1 @MarkH1 If you're interested in migrating Version/Document history from one object store (Sharepoint) to Egnyte, your options are:

I. 3rd-party Cloud Migration Services

mover.io
CloudFASTPATh by Tervela

II. Custom API - Migration Solution via Professional Services (contact our Sales team for details)

III. Custom API - Migration Solution via 3rd Party Developer

Reference: https://developers.egnyte.com/

------

Our in-house migration solutions are only able to migrate the current version of each file, so a custom migration plan will be needed. However, out of the ones you've mentioned, Cloud Migration Manager and Storage Sync would serve as the two most efficient and reliable migration options. 

Regards,
Nars

0 Kudos