cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Egnyte drive pinned to quick access issues

Highlighted
Resident

Egnyte drive pinned to quick access issues

Hi, I have Egnyte, which we run through egnyte drive so as to present users with the standard windows explorer view. Given we have a deep folder structure, I have setup a number of quick access pinned folders which point to egnyte. 

When I start my pc up in the morning and try and access folders within egnyte drive from the quick access bar, it says that the drive is disconnected or un-available. I then navigate to the network drive icon and click through the drive to the file location I have. Once I have done this once, the quick access folder I have just navigated to works fine. Does any one else have a similar issue?

Its like Egnyte needs you to find it once first through the network drive icon before it will allow you to access through the shortcut pin?

Any help would be great as some of the user base struggles with it.

Cheers

Labels (2)
16 Replies
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Egnyte drive pinned to quick access issues

Hi Andreas,

Honestly speaking, I have not tried this yet. But it certainly sounds worth testing. I will perform these tests on my Windows 10 machine running Egnyte Drive v1.4.6. I will send you another note once I am done testing this. 

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Andreas - Well described! I've been having the same issue ever since I started using Egnyte Drive instead of Desktop Sync. I have the same issue with Quick Access links as well as with Recent Document files that I try to open directly from a program.

For example, if I go into Word and go to Recent Documents, clicking on any of them results in an error stating that it "contains an invalid path". I can switch to file explorer, navigate through the file structure to where that file is located, switch back to Word, and the document will now open without issue. It resets every time I do a full shutdown on my laptop.

I'm running the latest updates on Windows 10 and Egnyte Drive v1.4.7.80. That said, it has been occurring over several versions. I would love to see a fix for this.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Highlighted
Resident

Mine does the exact same thing on Windows 7 Professional. Fairly annoying. Hopefully someone can find a fix for this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Deputy

Hi Sagar,

My company has recently started using Egnyte and I'm experiencing this exact issue. I see this was raised back in March 2017. Is there a solution yet?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hello @RyanH,

The drive has undergone a lot of changes since the time the issue was reported. 

I did try the quick access links for folders from my Egnyte Drive and I was unable to re-produce the issue (unless I am missing any steps). It would help if you can let me know how you do and I can try the steps on my end. I am running Windows 10 on my Dell Laptop.

I await your update.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Deputy

Hi @Sagar,

The issue for me arises in exactly the same way it did for the user who first reported it, i.e. after logging onto my computer, quick access links I have created to folders on the Egnyte drive initially don't work. I receive an error message saying that the shortcut "refers to a location that is unavailable". I have checked that there are no issues with internet connectivity, and quick access links to physical local drives work fine.

After manually browsing to the desired folder, the quick access links proceed to function as normal until the next logoff/logon cycle, when the issue recurs. It seems like the Egnyte drive (and folders on it) is not recognised as a valid location by Windows until you manually access the desired folder, as if manually browsing to it serves to validate the link.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional on a Dell desktop PC.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi @RyanH,

I have not been able to get hold of a Windows 7 machine. But I will write back as soon as I get one and finish the testing. As for the Windows 10 machine I am working on, I am unable to reproduce this issue. The quick access links did work fine when I tested them with v3.0.0 of the Desktop App.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vigilante

Hi @Sagar,

We experience exactly the same issues as described above on Windows 10 (Home and Pro) so it does seem to be a consistent problem.

Could you confirm if any ever looked into this further and if there is an ETA for a fix?

Thank,s

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Deputy

Hi @DaveW,

I had my system admin look into this issue. After a complete uninstall/re-install of the Egnyte Connect desktop application the issue appears to have been resolved. Not sure if that will help in your case, but thought it worth mentioning.

Thanks,

Ryan

Users online (183)