Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: New copy of file in existing folder

Highlighted
cjohansenws
Vigilante

Feature request: New copy of file in existing folder

I generate a weekly status report (Excel spreadsheet), and use the prior week's report as a template.  I'd like to be able to just right click the latest version of the doc, create a copy in the same folder, and have it prompt me for the new name.  As it stands I have to copy it to a subfolder, rename it, then move it back.  (Yes I can do this easily via the Connect client, but I'd prefer to be able to do it in the browser).  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Moderator bdawer

Re: Feature request: New copy of file in existing folder

Hi @cjohansenws ,

Currently, creating a duplicate in the same location is not available through the browser.  I have sent your request to be escalated, but in the future, please talk to support at support@egnyte.com to create a feature request so this can be tracked.  Also, these types of requests should be posted in our Ideas section of the community, which is monitored by our product managers.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Employee DamianReweda
Employee

Re: Feature request: New copy of file in existing folder

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback. I can agree it would be useful and it is something we are considering on our list.  We have recently refreshed the WebUI, we are releasing new preview in a few days and many more improvements will come in 2020 (including drag & drop). 

0 Kudos