cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sharing

File Sharing

If I have a client that I would like to share the file with (not a link) is it only the administrator who can share a folder?  Rather than sharing multiple links to the client, we would like them to have easy access to the folder. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: File Sharing

Hello @Esperanza Zuniga,

Thank you for reaching out. 

If you do not want to resort to sharing a folder via the link, then you can download the folder as a zip and send the zip file across to the client. However, if you want the client to have continuous access to that folder, then you will need to make them a user on your Egnyte domain. 

Now user creation can be done by the admin or power users. Admins will need to enable the option for the power users so that they can create users too. Here is a link that will throw some more information about role based administration: - https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/202189844-Role-based-Administration

I hope this helps. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos

Hi @Sagar 

Thank you for the information.  Do you have the logistics on cost for a power user adding someone to our Egnyte domain?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

@Esperanza Zuniga, It depends on your account and how many of your user licenses you're already using per number purchased. If you need more licenses, I recommend contacting your account manager, but you can also get an idea from this pricing page

If the user you want to access the folder is external to your company, you can use one of your standard user licenses since your account will have a number of power users and standard users available to you. Your admin would have this information. 

Does that help answer your question? If not, definitely let us know what other questions you have!

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos