cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files without extension aren't synchronize in DesktopApp

GENELYTICA
Deputy

Files without extension aren't synchronize in DesktopApp

Is it possible that the Desktop App does not sync files without an extension?

Medical files for example for RadiAnt (\DICOM\19040409\33300000\43514217) do not have extension (file 43514217).
The directory with these files is connected to the Desktop App as "Connected Folders" ....

How can I synchronize such files without an extension?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Retired Employee Nars_Support
Retired Employee

Re: Files without extension aren't synchronize in DesktopApp

Hi @GENELYTICA 

Desktop App is able to upload files with no file extension; see attached screenshot for reference.

We recommend getting in touch with our Support Team at support@egnyte.com if you're experiencing upload issues with any 3rd-party software.

Regards,
Nars

0 Kudos
GENELYTICA
Deputy

Thanks for answer :)

I also tested upload like you did it and of course it works (my example file: README). I understand you.

I tested on my "Connected folder" (it's even on a different local disk) - ok, it works.
(DesktopApp = EgnyteConnect ver. 3.5.1_103) synchronized this file with the cloud imediatelly. Good.
Also I see this file on recents list in pop-up window in EgnyteConnect-DesktopApp.

So my problem is a bit different:

I see this differences:
in WindowsExplorer (drive Z:): 24,1 GB = 25.946.857.643 byte - 27.392 files - 2.765 folders
in WEB-UI: 24 GB - 27.391 files - 2.765 folders
on my disk (my main data): 60.030.634.922 bytes - 79.395 files - 2.748 folders

So a lot of files disappeared somewhere.... (only files because empty folders was created)

I connected folder using command described from:
https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026687112-Connected-Folders-on-the-Desktop-App

I think: connection established correctly. I see this folder in Advanced-->[Connected Folders]

I also thing that not help me the commands:
EgnyteClient.exe -command sync -l my_drive
or
EgnyteClient.exe -command update -l my_drive
(of course "my_drive" is my domain-name)

Acctually I can not send about 35GB files without extension to ther cloud?

Do I everything understand properly ?? 

0 Kudos
GENELYTICA
Deputy

Second answer:

Maybe my host drive for drive Z: is too small ? - I have there about 25 GB free space now.
And because drive Z: in DesktopApp uses my small drive then cannot sync properly all data?

So how to change the location of drive Z: and maybe EgnyteConnent App too?

Maybe disconnect and connect again the "Connected Folder" solve the problem? (using shell command line ). But this may transfer all data once again which I would not want to do.......

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Nars_Support
Retired Employee

@GENELYTICA Low or limited available disk space is one possibility. We do recommend having at least double the amount of data to be available on the local disk when using Desktop App. 

We highly recommend reaching out to our Support Team at support@egnyte.com if you continue to experience any upload issues with any 3rd-party applications. 

Regards,
Nars

0 Kudos
OLCE
Vigilante

I actually also would like to know how to change the location of the local/offline files.

With the desktop sync app is is easy, to store the local files on a dedicated folder or drive.

The desktop App does not seem to be able to do that, so I cannot use it.

The connected folders feature does not seem to work for me, as I'm using Egnyte to keep a set of folders synced identically across several machines, which all need to be available offline.

0 Kudos