cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer video file from external drive to egnyte cloud

Tony Proctor2
Vigilante

How to transfer video file from external drive to egnyte cloud

My partner has  a large  video file on an external  drive connected to her laptop. I would like to transfrer this directly to the Egnye Cloud. Can this be done or does it need to saved to the PC first? It is a  .wve file. Tony

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Re: How to transfer video file from external drive to egnyte cloud

@Tony Proctor2 Thanks for the question. You can drag and drop it into the Egnyte WebUI. Some versions of Google Chrome had an error with this (on the Google side, nothing that can be fixed by Egnyte), so I'd advise doing this with Firefox or another browser. 

Let me know if that works for you. 

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos
Tony Proctor2
Vigilante

Hi Julie

Downloaded Ok on 2 laptops, but can’t open. Checked all settings including Windows security-added it as a firewall approved app. Still can’t open. What have I missed?

Regards Tony

0 Kudos
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

@Tony Proctor2 - Ah, I think I see the potential cause of this. You would need to convert the .wve file or open it in Wondershare Filmora. See this article: https://fileinfo.com/extension/wve

Does that help?

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos