cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking to a folder structure rather than a file

Tim Newham1
Resident

Linking to a folder structure rather than a file

I really like the "share links" feature, we use this when emailing internally (i.e. other company Egnyte users) to point them to the document and maintain version control. But when we do this, the links open in a web page and then prompt to download the doc – a bit confusing and not how we use it. Is there a way to point people to a directory structure (e.g. send an email which takes user, after logging in, to e.g. Directory/subdirectory/subsubdirectory)

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Re: Linking to a folder structure rather than a file

Hi Tim,

I sometimes copy and paste the folder path out of Explorer into an email when communicating with other Egnyte users. If you enter the folder path into the search bar in the Web UI, it will produce the documents contained there. However, I do see what you mean; there is not currently a very quick way to share only the folder path to a file so that clicking that path automatically takes an Egnyte user to the directory location. 

I will bring up your request in our roadmap discussions.

Trey

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Hi Tim,

Another way to do this would be to copy the folder URL displayed in the browser bar while using the Web interface.  You can send this to another Egnyte user and, if they are logged-in, they will be taken directly to the directory location.

Trey

0 Kudos
Tim Newham1
Resident

thanks Trey - both very useful and practical ideas. T

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Thanks for using Egnyte!

0 Kudos