Did you mean: 

Local backup strategy recommendation

Highlighted
Barry Sitompul
Resident

Local backup strategy recommendation

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for options to have a local backup available for our company files stored in Egnyte cloud. We currently have Storage Sync (SS) appliance VMs for our offices as primary point of file access and they are backed up using Veeam. In an unlikely event of losing some files in the cloud, we are planning to restore the backup to another VM and copy the files we lost back into the production SS appliance. We would map the SS to two different drives on a computer and copy the files from restored SS to production SS.  

If you can share your thoughts on our strategy and share some ideas on the backup strategy in your environment, I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Barry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Local backup strategy recommendation

Jump to solution

Hi Barry,

While you gather suggestions and feedback on your approach for backing up the ELC share, I would also want you to go through the following article once. 

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/222794468-How-do-I-avoid-excessive-sync-events-during-...

This is just to ensure that your process is on the right track. I mentioned this article to you coz you are looking at backing up a larger data set which is typically synced with the Storage Sync. 

I would encourage other community users to send in their tried and tested suggestions or send in their feedback on Barry's backup strategy.

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Barry,

While you gather suggestions and feedback on your approach for backing up the ELC share, I would also want you to go through the following article once. 

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/222794468-How-do-I-avoid-excessive-sync-events-during-...

This is just to ensure that your process is on the right track. I mentioned this article to you coz you are looking at backing up a larger data set which is typically synced with the Storage Sync. 

I would encourage other community users to send in their tried and tested suggestions or send in their feedback on Barry's backup strategy.

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Barry Sitompul
Resident

Jump to solution

Thank you Sagar for the article, I had not thought about triggering the sync while backing up. That's a very valid point.

Regards

Barry

0 Kudos