cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving shared folders - still shared? or broken link?

Richard Morris
Vigilante

Moving shared folders - still shared? or broken link?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm looking to move a couple of folders into another folder.  The original folders have links to them that are shared out to our clients, and I want them to remain active, so my question is, is there a procedure to follow to ensure that the links do not get broken - We use storage sync, so could drag the folders on our local server here - will this make a difference (I'm planning on using the web site anyway, just in case)

Thanks.

Also, somewhat ironically, during my search I came across what I thought would be the answer https://community.egnyte.com/t5/Sharing-and-Collaboration/moving-shared-folders-still-shared-or-brok... however this appears to be a broken link! (I get a error page)

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Moving shared folders - still shared? or broken link?

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out. 

The folder links should not break even if the folder is moved within your folder structure. I have tested this personally with the public folder links on my personal domain and the folder links stil remained active all the while the folder was being moved across the folder structure. 

I too suggest you perform this operation via the UI. Let me know if you got any questions on Egnyte and we will be glad to answer them for you. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
3 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out. 

The folder links should not break even if the folder is moved within your folder structure. I have tested this personally with the public folder links on my personal domain and the folder links stil remained active all the while the folder was being moved across the folder structure. 

I too suggest you perform this operation via the UI. Let me know if you got any questions on Egnyte and we will be glad to answer them for you. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Richard Morris, just a quick note on that link you found. It is actually a system error that the community vendor is working through since we had moved that post from the Ideas section into this section and the system didn't like it. I can let you know once they have it working again. I'm not sure what's in that thread so it might have your answer if you need more info outside of Sagar's response. 

Thanks for checking the community! 

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos
Richard Morris
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Thank Sagar - Checked and all working ok.

0 Kudos