cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Protected pdf would not share

Highlighted

Print Protected pdf would not share

Jump to solution
A colleague wanted to share a Print Protected pdf file with and external client. He made in so it could NOT be downloaded, thereby making it a Preview only file. He posted it and shared the link with 3 Clicks available. He tested it and got the message "The link you are trying to reach is no longer valid." Good thing he tested it. He asked for my help. I could not make it work UNTIL, I took the original Powerpoint and converted it to a pdf without the print protection on it. That fixed it. BUT, shouldn't it work regardless of the document properties?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Nars_Support
Retired Employee

Re: Print Protected pdf would not share

Jump to solution

Hi @Peter_the_Gr8 

The message "The link you are trying to reach is no longer valid." isn't necessarily due to a [Password Protected] and/or [Print Protected] PDF document -- both of these options work fine when viewed directly via the WebUI or through a standard [Share Link].

The link only becomes unviewable when the [Allow Downloads] option is disabled. Somehow, disabling the download option also disables our Web Preview's ability to present a [Password Prompt] for password protected PDF files, thus, rendering the link as invalid.

I highly recommend reaching out to our Support team at support@egnyte.com to report this behavior, so we can have our Products team investigate this further.

Regards,
Nars

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Retired Employee Nars_Support
Retired Employee

Re: Print Protected pdf would not share

Jump to solution

Hi @Peter_the_Gr8 

The message "The link you are trying to reach is no longer valid." isn't necessarily due to a [Password Protected] and/or [Print Protected] PDF document -- both of these options work fine when viewed directly via the WebUI or through a standard [Share Link].

The link only becomes unviewable when the [Allow Downloads] option is disabled. Somehow, disabling the download option also disables our Web Preview's ability to present a [Password Prompt] for password protected PDF files, thus, rendering the link as invalid.

I highly recommend reaching out to our Support team at support@egnyte.com to report this behavior, so we can have our Products team investigate this further.

Regards,
Nars

View solution in original post