Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching by file type in Web UI

Sam Kaplan
Resident

Searching by file type in Web UI

Jump to solution

Is there any current support to search by file type in the web interface? If not, are there plans to implement such a feature?

For example, it would be helpful to search for a term and get a list of all PowerPoint presentations on the topic, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Searching by file type in Web UI

Jump to solution

Hi Sam,

Searching on Egnyte can be carried out using various different parameters. There are few things to be kept in mind while searching the files on the UI. It could be a lengthy reply if I start to type. But I would encourage you to read through the following KB article on Search. 

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201637724-How-to-Search-for-Files-and-Folders-in-the-W...

To answer your question, yes you can search by file type on the UI. Searching for .docx or .pptx etc keywords in the search box will return all the files with this extension for you. I have personally tried it on my domain. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Sam,

Searching on Egnyte can be carried out using various different parameters. There are few things to be kept in mind while searching the files on the UI. It could be a lengthy reply if I start to type. But I would encourage you to read through the following KB article on Search. 

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201637724-How-to-Search-for-Files-and-Folders-in-the-W...

To answer your question, yes you can search by file type on the UI. Searching for .docx or .pptx etc keywords in the search box will return all the files with this extension for you. I have personally tried it on my domain. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Sam Kaplan
Resident

Jump to solution

Thank you Sagar - worked for me.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Glad to know that Sam.

0 Kudos
Users online (1,163)