Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Not Working - Egnyte Drive

tsujim0t0
Resident

Sync Not Working - Egnyte Drive

Hi, 

One of my staff is having repeated issues with the Egnyte Drive where someone on her team will update a file, and then she will open the drive to access the folder where it will confirm the when the last update was. Then when she opens the folder and none of the files will show they've been updated recently or the file will show it was updated, but when she opens it that is not the case. 

Right now she's the only one having this issue. She is also the only person in the office on a Mac while the rest of her team is on PCs. We've tried updating the software. Uninstalling and reinstalling it. Restarting the computer, but none of which seems to get her computer to refresh the folders or the data. 

Any thoughts? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Sync Not Working - Egnyte Drive

Hi @tsujim0t0,

While we wait for any inputs on this forum thread, I would also suggest you get in touch with the support team. I am sure they would have some inputs.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Employee Erin Gracyalny
Employee

Hi there, 

A newer release of the Desktop App (Egnyte Drive) has come out in the last few weeks, you could try to have this user upgrade to the latest version and see if this helps improve. Otherwise you can have that user contact Support by emailing support@egnyte.com or by sending in the support logs by right clicking on the Egnyte Drive icon, choosing "Help & Support" and "Contact Support" so that they can take a look. 

0 Kudos
Brian Beaton
Steward

We had an issue here that when the Mac goes into sleep mode the Egnyte app stops working although it is still in the Mac menu bar by the clock.

However when you open or click on it you get the spinning wait cursor indicating the Desktop Sync app is hung.

Logging out of the mac and back in again reloads the Egnyte Connect Sync App and the file changes get downloaded to the local machine.

Does this sound like what is happening?

If so, this may be a result of a bug with the Mac Security&Preferences Allow button which let's itself be clicked when the Security&Preferences form was not properly unlocked first.

This results in the App hanging after every time it goes into sleep mode, forcing a restart or log out and back in to reload the Egnyte app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have a Macbook os10.14 Mojave and my Egnyte sinc is not working well, and it is getting worse.

I go into the Egnyte Cloud and the file will be there. But it's not in my shared files desktop folder. So I end up downloading the file from the cloud and manually dragging it into the Egnyte folder. AND THEN IT WILL SAY THAT AN OLDER VERSION OF THE FILE IS THERE. SO I DELETE THE OLDER VERSION. heeeeeeeelp!

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hello @Jody Hotchkiss1 ,

The operation of the Desktop App is pretty simple. Files to which you have permissions should be be available to you both on the Desktop App and also the UI. Also there should not be a need to download the file and work on it when you still have the required app to do so.

Reading your post, this most certainly looks like something which will need support to jump on. Assuming that you are using the latest update of the Desktop App for Mac, I suggest you submit a ticket with support@egnyte.com and have one of our technician remote into you computer to take a look at this.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos