Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The future and current usage of Egnyte Turbo

Highlighted
Brian Beaton
Steward

Re: The future and current usage of Egnyte Turbo

Jump to solution

Thank you for the clarification Vikranjayaraman. I hope that differential Sync of partial files is on your featureset implementation timeline. 

Jump to solution

Differential sync (aka ‘Delta sync’ aka ‘block-level sync’) of internal file changes is exactly what I thought Egnyte offered, and the main reason I am currently testing it. As far as I know, DropBox is the only big cloud sync provider to offer this. The reason I thought Egnyte could do it is I read this article:

https://www.cloudwards.net/best-enterprise-file-sync/

Is the info in that article incorrect?

Michael

Some quotes showing what I mean from the above article:

“First Place: Egnyte Connect
Egnyte Connect does pretty much everything right, starting with the most pivotal capabilities of an EFSS tool, file syncing and sharing. Egnyte is the only other EFSS tool besides Dropbox that we reviewed to offer block-level sync, placing it second in that category.

Second Place: Egnyte Connect
Egnyte Connect is the only other EFSS platform we found during our analysis that incorporates block-level sync for all file types. In our testing, it performed just as well as Dropbox Business, reducing file uploads for massive files from a few minutes on initial uploads to a few seconds when changes were made.

Third Place: OneDrive for Business
At one point, Microsoft had listed block-level sync for all file types in its OneDrive for Business development roadmap as arriving on the scene in Q2 2017. However, Q2 has come and gone, the feature was never launched and it’s no longer listed as being in the works.

While that makes us sad, OneDrive does at least support block-level sync for Microsoft Office files. That’s more than most cloud storage services can say.”

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

@michaelbeijer - Thanks for posting that! Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner, this reply was unfortunately not on my radar for some reason. Let us know if you have further questions on this. 

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos