cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Reopen or Reassign Task after completed

Eshewski1
Deputy

Unable to Reopen or Reassign Task after completed

User lost permission to a task after marked as completed. Now I can't seem to reopen or reassign the task. Task just shows as completed by Unknown.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Unable to Reopen or Reassign Task after completed

Hello @Eshewski1,

This is a strange one and we thank you for letting us know about such an incident. Allow us to run a few tests internally and check the output. 

If there are any specific steps you wish to provide, we would love to try those as well.

Thanks. 

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Eshewski1
Deputy

I moved the file out of the folder that the external user had access to and then moved it back into that folder. It still had the same task associated with it, just showed as completed by unknown.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi @Eshewski1,

Thank you for your patience and co-operation. 

I put in some time to test the tasks feature as per the steps you mentioned and here are my test results:-

1. Assigned 2 tasks to a power user. 

2. Logged in as the power user, finished the task for the reason it was assigned. All this while the 2 tasks were showing up in the "My Tasks" of the power user.

3. Finished the task and changed the status to complete for one task. After performing this step, I moved the file for which the 2nd task was assigned. 

4. The task disappeared from the power user's list of "My Tasks". I moved the file back to its original location. The task had disappeared from the power users list. However, as an admin I was able to re-assign the task to the power user. 

So from what I know, you should be able to re-assign the task unless there was a due date mentioned on the task. 

If you do not see anything of the above happening with the tasks feature, I suggest you get in touch with our support team and seek assistance.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos