Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading pictures from your phone

Highlighted
Michael Muslin
Resident

Uploading pictures from your phone

Jump to solution

I have employees who are out in the field taking dozens or hundreds of pictures of a location. Some have iphones, some Androids.

Is there a way to easily make the pictures they take upload to a specific Egnyte folder?

1. Before they start taking pics, can they set a specific Egnyte folder where all the pictures will be uploaded or saved to? (like setting a download destination in Windows)
  2. Is there an easy way to upload a hundred pictures at once into an Egnyte folder?
  3. Is there anything like this that might work with a wifi-enabled camera?
  4. Any other ideas for how to do this easily?

Thanks!!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Uploading pictures from your phone

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

Here are answers to your questions: -

1. There is no way to set a designated folder where the files can be uploaded. This has to be done manually by browsing through the steps to upload files on Egnyte.

2. Our mobile app should be able to allow your users to upload multiple files to a folder in Egnyte. When you click the + sign to upload files to your Egnyte folder, you can select multiple files for upload. 

3. There is no automatic way for a wi-fi enabled camera to click pictures and automatically upload them to Egnyte using the mobile app. 

I am afraid there is no special way to perform the uploads, be it single or multiple files. Please let us know if you have any more questions about this and I will be glad to answer them for you. 

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
21 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

Here are answers to your questions: -

1. There is no way to set a designated folder where the files can be uploaded. This has to be done manually by browsing through the steps to upload files on Egnyte.

2. Our mobile app should be able to allow your users to upload multiple files to a folder in Egnyte. When you click the + sign to upload files to your Egnyte folder, you can select multiple files for upload. 

3. There is no automatic way for a wi-fi enabled camera to click pictures and automatically upload them to Egnyte using the mobile app. 

I am afraid there is no special way to perform the uploads, be it single or multiple files. Please let us know if you have any more questions about this and I will be glad to answer them for you. 

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Sagar,

Dropbox (who we are leaving for Egnyte) has an automatic 'save-to-cloud' feature for photos and videos.  As it appears, we are going to be forced to keep Dropbox in place strictly for this feature, for now...
2 questions;

1. Does Egnyte have the technical capability to do this? (So we can finally completely replace Dropbox?)

2. If yes... how can mere mortal power users request and escalate the development as priority?

Thanks!

Dave Donhoff

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

When a user clicks a photo and uses the Send option, there is Egnyte listed there. Meaning the photo can be shared/saved directly from the Gallery. Just that there is no way to designate a folder where the photos can be uploaded directly. Even in the option I mentioned above, the user will be asked to login to Egnyte app and select the folder where he/she wishes to upload the photo files.

I will check with the Product Team to see if we have any such feature enhancement planned. 

As far as the feature requests are concerned, it does not depend on what type of a user is sending in the request. The acceptance depends upon how usable the feature would be for other users, who all vote for the feature request and whether it would be a feasible option with the way Egnyte is setup at that moment.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

@David Donhoff,

I may have something that suits your requirement now. There is an Egnyte Integration available with the app FotoIN. You may want browse to the Integrations page and expore this integration to see if that suits.

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/categories/203160148

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Sagar, thanks!  I d/l the app, created a personal account, a team account, went thru the tutorial... and I can't find anywhere it explains how to actually integrate to save to Egnyte cloud (despite the app advert on PlayStore claiming it does. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fotoinmobile.construction&hl=en )

Have you figured it out at all?

Thanks
Dave

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Dave,

I had trouble testing this on my personal Android phone. But I will try this on another phone and see how things work. I will write back once I have more info.

Thanks

Betsysuel
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Tagging onto this conversation...I must be completely blind...where is the upload +?? The only place I can find it is if I have an empty folder that I created on my laptop. I can't find where I can add a new folder on the app, or where I can upload files (pictures, in this case) into an existing folder in the app.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @Betsysuel,

I assume you are referring to the Egnyte app where you do not see the button to add a new folder. I have attached a screenshot to this thread. I want to get your attentions to the bottom left corner of the screenshot. This screenshot is taken on an Android device in one of the working folders on my domain. 

Let me know if this is not what you were looking for. 

Thanks.

Jump to solution
Sagar, any further luck, or confirmation of failure, for this FotoIn app you referenced? Have you discovered any other way to create an automatic cloud save feature (to duplicate and replace Dropbox) for pics and vids?

You say it requires voting... How? Where? Has it been requested and voted on at all yet? Dropbox is massive and the auto cloud feature is a huge thing for civil libertarians who want their event pictures auto saved even if the cops take their phone immediately after shooting.
0 Kudos