Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading pictures from your phone

Betsysuel
Vigilante

Re: Uploading pictures from your phone

Jump to solution

Hey Sagar, thought I'd responded month+ ago...I'm on an iPhone and the +New isn't there. My options across the bottom are "Files" "Offline" "Bookmarks" and "Notifications". It doesn't look like there's a way to upload from the phone into exisiting folders...? Thanks!

0 Kudos
KBennehoff
Resident

Jump to solution

I am able to do this fairly easy. I just did a field survey and uploaded pictures to a folder. Make sure you have the Egnyte app downloaded. On android, go to files, and click on camera. You should see your photos, long press a photo and drag to highlight all photos to upload. Then click the share icon, and share via Egnyte, then you can navigate to the folder you need to upload to.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Thank you @KBennehoff for helping our fellow community members. We do appreciate your efforts. 

@David Donhoff@Betsysuel, Are you looking at the + New button on the Egnyte App or looking for steps to use the fotoIN app with Egnyte ? 

Let me know and I can provide steps for whichever is needed.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I haven't found either the Egnyte or FotoIn app successful in automatically saving/syncing to our Egnyte cloud without having to take additional steps at every point of picture capture.  

What we are trying to accomplish is to replace our Dropbox photo auto-sync feature, which syncs all stills (and vids if turned on to do so) to the cloud via wifi (and/or data if selected) realtime, without needing to be selectively told to do so at each snap.

If it's possible to sync by individual selection, it would seem equally possible to sync ALL automatically, realtime as pics and vids are captured... and there would not seem a lot of logic to NOT sync automatically.

Am I missing something easy?

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @David Donhoff,

As far as I know, a clicked photograph can be uploaded to Egnyte using the Upload to Egnyte feature. However, there is no automatic way to upload the clicked photograph/screenshot to be uploaded to a default folder in Egnyte. 

I will certainly have a chat with our engineering team to see if any things on lines of this feature is on the way. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @David Donhoff, I wanted to circle back with you on this since I've spoken to our products team. 

This is not currently on our roadmap. We discussed doing an automatic photo library sync but many customers were against it for privacy reasons and it seems there could be similar concerns about screenshots since these tend to be end user devices.

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.

Jump to solution

Julie, thanks... guess we'll have to keep running Dropbox for photo sync then...

By the way, in Chrome at least, there is no "accept as solution" button or link.

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

@David Donhoff, sorry you have to continue to use another solution for that piece! If our team or someone in the community comes up with an idea on how to circumvent the security issue inherent with this option, then we can explore it further. 

Regarding the "accept as a solution" button. Thanks for looking to use that! Actually, the way the community is structured, only the original poster, @Michael Muslin in this case, can accept a response as a solution since they asked the original question. So I guess my signature is a bit misleading in that way... darn!

Thanks for your community support David!

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Julie,

The security solution seems pretty easy, since Egnyte allows each folder it's unique permissions capabilities.  If the Egnyte app for Android/Apple simply allowed automatic direct image/video upload/sync to a user-specified folder, that folder's security access can be set by the user (or administrator.)

Happy holidays!
Dave

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Thanks @David Donhoff. I've passed the info onto our Products team. 

Happy holidays to you as well!

Best,
- Julie