Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewer IP Addresses Cut Off in New Look 2.0

SamwiseFox
Vigilante

Viewer IP Addresses Cut Off in New Look 2.0

Hi! 

My company and I send out large volumes of files to potential business connections  and we utilize the email nofications detailing the IP addresses and access location for files because it allows us to understand better when and where someone is accessing a file and when we can match the name of who we send a file to, to the IP address we then can know when we sent the file to has seen and, and if the IP address/location is different, they may have shared it with someone else. 

Usually we don't have to rely on the download history in the Versions > Download History submenus on the online platform but I have noticed if I am trying to see the IP address of someone who's accessd the file it cuts it off where the text box ends. I cannot scroll to see the rest of the text or even copy it. This is different from the Classic UI look which allowed for full view of location and IP. 

I've noticed this problem only with locations that push the visible IP out of the field. It's strange that the field doesn't exent to accomdate this. 

Looking forward to your thoughts,

Sam

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager

Re: Viewer IP Addresses Cut Off in New Look 2.0

Hi @SamwiseFox. Thanks for the question. I tested it and wasn't able to reproduce the issue as I've been able to see the full IP address with all of my tests, even on Mobile. What kind of device are you noticing it on and what browser? Also, have you noticed it all the time or only in certain instances?

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager

@SamwiseFox, my colleague was able to reproduce it. Can you please submit a ticket at support@egnyte.com. They will be able to fix that for you. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos
SamwiseFox
Vigilante

@JulieMullins wrote:

@SamwiseFox, my colleague was able to reproduce it. Can you please submit a ticket at support@egnyte.com. They will be able to fix that for you. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Will do! Thanks!

0 Kudos