Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file recovery

Highlighted
Vigilante

file recovery

Jump to solution

Hi

Does Egnyte have the Dropbox function that allows for file recovery of prior versions? On Dropbox if someone messes up a file i can go into the version history and get a prior version.

Can i do this on Egnyte? Its very useful on Dropbox!

thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: file recovery

Jump to solution

Hello @romil,

The answer to your question is a YES. Egnyte does offer file versioning on the UI. If you have set your account settings to keep certain number of versions for a file, then you can retain the earlier versions of a file. The setting for keeping the file version can be found here: - 

Settings => Configuration => General => Trash and Retention Policies => Set the File Version Policy.

Now when the same file is being worked upon by different users time and again, it will start creating newer versions of the same file. On the UI if you right click on the file or select the file, in the menu options you shall see Versions & History. If you wish to change the previous version to be the current version of the file you can do so by clicking a button. Please check the screenshot attached.

I hope this helps and answers your question. Please feel free to write back if you have more questions on Egnyte. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: file recovery

Jump to solution

Hello @romil,

The answer to your question is a YES. Egnyte does offer file versioning on the UI. If you have set your account settings to keep certain number of versions for a file, then you can retain the earlier versions of a file. The setting for keeping the file version can be found here: - 

Settings => Configuration => General => Trash and Retention Policies => Set the File Version Policy.

Now when the same file is being worked upon by different users time and again, it will start creating newer versions of the same file. On the UI if you right click on the file or select the file, in the menu options you shall see Versions & History. If you wish to change the previous version to be the current version of the file you can do so by clicking a button. Please check the screenshot attached.

I hope this helps and answers your question. Please feel free to write back if you have more questions on Egnyte. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Users online (242)