Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.msg File cannot be preview on Egnyte Web UI

AshwiniKhot
Vigilante

.msg File cannot be preview on Egnyte Web UI

Hi,

Our few users are experiencing issues while previewing .msg files in Egnyte Web UI.

When they try to open it they cannot preview it instead it asks to download it. Is there any workout for the same because other users can preview it so is there any setting missing? ? 

Please help!!

Thank you

Ashwini

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: .msg File cannot be preview on Egnyte Web UI

Hi @AshwiniKhot,

Thank you for writing to the community. 

I personally tested this with 4-5 .msg files and all of them previewed fine. So I don't see a reason as to why you users are unable to preview unless there is something broken. 

As far as I know you should be able to preview a .msg file provided it is less than 100MB in size. Can you have the users try to reproduce this issue with a test file and send across a screenshot of it ? If this can be a challenge, then I suggest you file a case with our support team at support@egnyte.com. This way they can remote into the user's machine and see if anything obvious is causing this issue. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
AshwiniKhot
Vigilante

Thank you, Sagar !!!

This is happening for few users only if i try to preview the same file from my machine it is all good.

So maybe windows issue.

I will create a case, thx for the advice

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Happy to help @AshwiniKhot. I would also recommend the users to try this on their home computers or any other computer to which they have access. This way you can decide if you need to seek your IT's help or connect with Egnyte. I say so coz if this is machine specific, then I really doubt if Egnyte would have a fix for this. 

But, yes, you are welcome to file a support case for our support team to review this issue. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
AshwiniKhot
Vigilante

This issue was fixed by windows updates.

So all good!!!!

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Awesome. Glad to know that @AshwiniKhot. We appreciate you closing the loop with your update. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos